Monday, April 20, 2009

Final Destination

So today has been another travel day. This morning was not so bad. I woke up at about 5 am and was tired, yes, but fine with it. I went to the lobby where I spent most of the day. I greeted my guests as they checked out and as some of them even extended their trips. It was nice weather outside, and I had some nice relaxing conversations with my clients. This morning was a great day for reflective blogging, which as you can see I did.

Now it is six hours later and as you can guess my mood has changed. I really do not get it about people in airports. It is every man for him self. I do not expect people to cater to me by all means, but at least keep yourself from knocking me all over creation.

I was waiting in line in the Orlando airport to go through security when my bag fell over and my wallet spilled out on the floor. Do you think people helped me? No, they just moved out of the way so my stuff would not hit them, like it was red paint or something. Then I placed my items on the conveyer belt, which I had quite a lot - one bucket for bag and shoes, one bucket for laptop, one bucket for purse and then my extremely heavy rolling case (which I make very apparent with grunts quite often). I was literally laying over all of the buckets in order to push them down the line. Do you think the man with only a backpack behind me offered a friendly hand? No, he walked AROUND ME!!!! Enough said on that one.

So I wait an hour and a half for my flight. No big deal. I expected it. Disney gets you there so far ahead of time so you spend money in the airport. It is such a ploy and let me tell you they will not fool me. So I waited patiently. Then I got up to board my over booked flight only for the airline person at the door to tell me I had to check one of my three bags. I know I may not fly much and am supposed to know this naturally, but post that somewhere will ya? The nice man behind me tried to take one of my bags for me because literally the tears were on the way, but the woman would not let him. Evil. So I got out of line, stood there a minute, then two of my bags in the same hand and tried again. Got her!!!! I was on the plane. I still have the sneaky touch.

Now I find myself sitting alone in the Atlanta airport lounge with a Scotch (neat) writing to you. How on earth would you have time to do this might you ask. Well, well, do not be fooled by the new renovations of the Montgomery Airport. They still do not know how to run flights! My patience is delayed and so is my flight. I sure am glad I have this laptop with me. If not, I would be writing holes in the pages of my journal.

Thank you for listening this week. I hope it is all humorous to you, because all in all, it is to me. One thing I have learned about myself is that, yes, I am a bit crazy and ,yes, my fuse may be a bit short, but I always end up laughing at myself over it. If you cannot laugh at yourself, then why breath?

1 comment:

Mary Tyler S. said...

It's been fun reading about your fun-filled week. Drink a scotch for me and baby Spivey!