Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Wait is Bugging Me!!

I do not do “waiting” or “not having something to do” very well. The aspect of being unproductive drives my nerves through the roof. So you can guess how I am reacting to being unemployed.

I have been waiting to hear if I have been chosen for a job I really want for three days now. They were supposed to let me know on Monday, but now that it is Wednesday, I find myself screaming with impatience. I have found anything I could possibly need to do and put it on a list just so I can mark it off and feel productive. Here is a sample of what my list looks like today:

1. Unload dishwasher
2. Bug man comes to spray the house
3. Get gas
4. Go to the bank
5. Write mom a check
6. Go to Dillards
7. Stop by Tracy’s house
8. Go to the gym (which has now been changed to “get a pedicure”)
9. Watch Ellen at 1:30
10. Tracy doctor at 3

Just be thankful I have not gotten to the point of adding “wake up”, “brush teeth”, “shower”, or “eat” to this list. There is still plenty of time though. It could happen.

I have even started to turn small needs into very important needs, just so I can add them to my list. For example, I have a bug guard on the front of my car. A piece of it has been broken for quite a while now, but it still works and is no harm to my car. I swear this has been broken for at least a year and I never even began to think about fixing it, until this morning. All of a sudden fixing this bug guard has taken up my entire day.

I am obviously running out of things to do!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your to do list! I'm with you, I hate waiting on news or anything for that matter. I think it's healthy for you to make a to-do list because it helps to check things off! Makes it feel like you have accomplished so much when in fact you did nothing at all ;) Hang in there and enjoy your "nothing to do list." When you are busy again you will think back to the days with nothing to do...