Friday, January 23, 2009

Baby? Please...

You can ask anyone, I have wanted children my entire life. That is my natural responsibility as a female right? I have all the right gushy feelings when I am around my friend’s children. My six baby cousins touch every inch of my heart that I am sad when I am away from them. I have all the right maternal instincts, and I honestly cannot wait to be a good mother and teach my children about the world we live in. But you can forget about that child coming out of me!

This may very well be my first wrong as a mother, (and my I remind you I am far off from actually becoming a mother), but I do not plan on being pregnant in my lifetime. I have watched and listened to multiple friends during their pregnancies and seen their struggles. These are strong and brave women all in their own individual ways, and my hats are off to them.

There have been mothers I have talked to who have been upset with the timing of their pregnancies, and the one thing that kept coming out of my mouth was they should be happy they can have a baby. There are so many women in the world who wait and plan for the perfect time to have a child only to find out they physically cannot. I can only imagine the sadness and feeling of defeat these women have. Sometimes I wonder who is stronger, the woman who is pregnant or the one who cannot be pregnant. Maybe there isn’t a level of strength when it comes to motherhood, strength is just simply there.

I have no idea if I am able to get pregnant or not, and I may never find out. One thing I do know is there is way too many children out there right now who need to be loved, so many babies being abandoned during their first instant of life. I know I will love and cherish each and every second of my children’s lives. There are many, many personal issues with pregnancy that hit harder in different places with each woman. Mine has told me to go a different route than what is considered “traditional”.

I condone each woman for the decisions they make regarding pregnancy and children. It is a personal choice and it is your choice.

1 comment:

Mary Tyler S. said...

VERY interesting post my dear. very thought provoking. and I applaud your un-traditional values. I believe what does not kill us makes us stronger (Steel Magnolias reference there).

Amen-people should be happy they CAN have a baby ;)