Tuesday, August 26, 2008

You Want On My Band Wagon?

So I feel the need to clear something up. I first need to admit I have a hard time getting across the point I am trying to make, and most times end up making the wrong point.

If you read through my blog you will see plenty of entries or references to love and relationships. Who doesn’t think about this stuff, right? But I believe my comments have led my amazing blog followers to believe I am “looking” for these things I am writing about. I guess in essence I am, because what single person isn’t, but I am most definitely not actively searching.

Every day brings a lesson, whether that lesson is delivered through experience, observation or reflection. This is basically the theme of my blogs and really of my life now. I want to take in everything I see, feel and touch and learn from it. When I write about relationships, I am writing about something I have just learned or observed, and simply documenting it.

My life is so full of lessons right now, I swear. I want to fly fish, mountain bike, work on a captain’s license and even start to write songs. I would love to be able to sing my songs, but let’s not get too carried away. To give everyone the correct impression of how I am feeling about my personal relationships today, I would say I am just living. I am living for myself, my friends and my family. I am living to take in every moment, because to be honest, when I get to those pearly gates and I see David Smith, he is going to ask me why I didn’t mark off that List Of Things To Do In Life.

Of course there are times I wish I had someone there with me, but I don’t want to waste my emotions on that one. I would rather be ecstatic about each day’s moments, instead of wondering why I don’t have a boyfriend or husband with me. Actually the word husband still scares me.

So anyway, please read my blogs with the understanding that I am not trying to figure out why I don’t have a significant other, because I don’t need a reason. I create my own reasons. I am not out in this unbelievable world trying to find someone to spend my life with. I love me right now, maybe a little more than I should, but I am pretty cool. I think it would be awesome to meet someone who likes what I do and wants to jump on the wagon, but I don’t “need” that. It makes me happy to have family and friends who like to jump on the wagon in my life, but all that other love stuff will come when it needs to. There is no point in me “waiting around” for it.

I love my fellow bloggers and honestly look in my email every day anticipating a comment. I love the comments. It would only make sense that a single 26 year old would be getting antsy to meet her husband, but ya’ll gotta remember, this is me. I am no ordinary 26 year old.

2 comments:

Nick M. said...

You got the 'no ordinary' part right! ;-) HA! I kid. Good post, and you keep being you, and the rest will happen all on its own.

PS: my 'wordscramble' security thingie for this comment says "fckwch"...I guess because sometimes I still have the mindset of a 14 year old boy that is FUNNY!!

pallie said...

Well put, Searcy.

Yes, I was one of those people who got the idea that you are actively searching for love.

I understand, appreciate and love the fact that you have taken the time to love yourself. The only way we can ever really love anyone else is to love ourselves first.

Keep on keepin' on! :)