Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Best Month EVER

Much better. I was getting really sick of that green and brown color. I am sure I will get sick of this one too, but it works for now.

It has been a pretty rough week. Work is wearing me down, my personal life went berserk, and I have been an emotional basket case. Poor me. Cry me a river. What I should be thinking is how grateful I am to not only have a job, but to have one I love. I should be thankful he doesn’t think I am a lunatic for being so dramatic. What can I say? I miss him.

This weekend was a great start to a new perspective and the best month ever. It is finally August. For a whole month I get to celebrate my birthday!! Who knows if I actually have the right to, but I sure do love to enjoy my birthday. Here is the run-down of the month and I am soooo excited!

Aug 1. Got to reunite with an old friend. My mom told me that my friend Lyles lived down here with her husband and little girl. I haven’t seen Lyles in years and didn’t even know what she was doing. We talked for a good hour and with such ease. It is always good to catch up with an old friend, but even better to pick up where you left off.

Aug 2. Amazing party here in Gulf Shores for Drew and Hannah!! I got to wear a really pretty dress (thank you Jana!!) and play P&A with some old friends from school. That’s right, we brought out drinking games at an engagement party. Perfect.

Aug 6. Possible Journey concert with my sweet friend Jana and her husband. Why not?

Aug 8-9. Nashville comes to the beach!! Laurel, Pallie, Libby (who has never seen the Gulf), and Miranda are headed down to see me…and I guess the beach too. The weekend will be filled with some hot sun time, tasty cookouts, and unforgettable memories. We will certainly miss Sarah, but I am sure we will spare a few laughs at her expense. She does have a way of making people smile even when she isn’t there.

Aug 14-17. Lee will be down here and hopefully I will get to spend some time with him. I am going to spend the weekend at the Bay with mom, dad, Gibbs, Prad, Prad’s parents and uncle Michael. I smile just thinking about it!!

Aug 22-23. Dikki Du and the Zydeco Krew!!!! Hell yeah. I am headed to SoWal to see my girls and get a little zydeco in my step. I’m even going to stop in at my new favorite bar over there, La Botana, to get me some birthday champagne and some good laughs.

Aug 30. Freckle Fest has arrived!!!!!!!! I will turn 26, probably add some more grey hair to my head and smile for days on end.

No matter what is going on in your life, always and I mean always take the time to enjoy it. Make a big deal out of the little things. I promise you will have more fun each and every day.

3 comments:

pallie said...

Sounds like you have a great month ahead! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Unknown said...

Great Post!! I love the positive attitude... it's contagious (sp?)!! I hope you have a great month and I wish I was closer to share all of these fun times with you!! Please take 1000 pics of the girls coming down so I can act like I was there! Miss you and hope to see you SOON! Love

P.S. Thank you for the kind words :)

Laurel said...

happy birthday month!!!!!