Friday, July 8, 2011

how it all began

One of my favorite things to do during the week is go to lunch with my best friend, Tracy, and my amazing god-daughter, Avery (aka Ace - she renamed herself). Mom called me the same day Tracy and Ace did to go to lunch so we all met up at Zoes. It's perfect because Ace can run around on the benches and not really get in anyone's way, plus we love the food!


Mom and I got our regular chicken salad and Tracy branched out with some kind of sampler plate. We were just starting to eat and Tracy noticed my mom eyeing her hummus like she wasn't too sure what that stuff was all about. Being the polite lady Tracy is, she asked my mother if she would like to try some of her hummus. Mom was so taken off guard because she had obvisouly been busted glaring at someone's food that she just couldn't get her words together. So what came out was: "No thank you. I don't eat hummus...it's communist".


And that is where it all began...

4 comments:

Mary Tyler S. said...

I.Miss.Alecia.Yoder.

I just died laughing.

Searcy Yoder said...

It's alive!!! I actually have a reader. Thanks MT for never giving up hope on me. :)

Tracy Williford said...

i was thrilled to see you are blogging again!! its so therapeutic! good for you!! and i LOVE alicia-isms!!!

Brannon said...

That is the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life. I really want it to be my eternal status update because it is so hilarious. i love Alicia Yoder.