Tuesday, July 12, 2011

what else could it be?

Disclaimer: This post is not meant for a pity party on myself. It is just something that has been going through my head and I want to get it out. I do not really know what it means or what its purpose is. It just is.

July 2 I was in a car accident. I am OK! I just broke a rib and had a minor concussion. I was crossing a highway when a young girl hit me right at the driver's side tire area. We both never saw each other. It was just a random coincidence of some sort. There happened to be this other car turning into where I was pulling out of. That car was going the exact speed to block my vision from seeing her and her me. How often does that happen!? I mean usually the car slows down or speeds up and the other car is revealed. But not that day. The other girl is fine too. No physical injury, but I think she was just a little traumatized.

Now that over a week has passed I do not really replay how the accident happened in my head anymore. It is what I heard during the accident that I cannot stop thinking about. I keep remembering voices. I know, I know!!! This sounds crazy and I am by far not the type of person quick to vocalize what I think God's role is in everything. Whatever your path is to believing in a higher power is your own right, but no matter what, we can all still hear voices.

At first I was confused. I was kinda looking around after it happened, but only a few people were there and they were just getting out of their cars so they could not have been yelling. Right before the hit, I heard what sounded like a few people yelling there was about to be an accident. But it was not a far away yell. It was more like there was a group of people in the car and they just hastily stated we were about to crash. Then I heard, "Ok, you have been in an accident. You need to keep control and get your car out of the road." Now that last one really could have just been me telling myself what to do, but the multiple voices telling me I was about to crash? That was something else. Or someone else.

Was it Mama Anne and David working together to protect me and lessen the blow?
Does God actually have angels guarding us as we live each day?
Was it my own conscious talking me through how to handle the situation?
Am I totally insane?

Whatever it was or who it was, I will never have the exact answer.
But regardless of who or what it was, I was comforted in knowing I had guidance and I am protected...even if it was just me.

No comments: