Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Him

OK. I am really going out on a limb with this one. This is very private, but something is telling me to just post it. I do not think he reads this blog, or even knows how to find it, but I just feel as though I need to get it out there. Climb out on that limb and hopefully get comfortable. Maybe even take a nap. Let's just hope I do not fall.

Here goes nothing......

-----------------

Year after year you have waited
You have attempted only to be shaded
Your eyes were always wrapped around me
And your comfort was always protecting

I have been scared of your heart
For I knew I would follow

My eyes have been focused in the mirror
Seeing only my soul as may reflection
My eyes have been cast away to see what lies around me
You are standing near, in a place you have never left

I lay in your arms only for a moment
Finding the place I have been looking for
I do not want to leave this time
I will not push

Could it be too late
To walk the rest of this path with you in hand
Have you tired of the wait
And moved on to a better land

You deserve love that moves you each day
To show you my love, each night I pray

I will wait for you now
To be ready for my heart
My eyes only see you
While we whisper in the dark

1 comment:

Tracy Williford said...

wow...thats pretty powerful. i am proud of you.
p.s. the word verification is "chilinism". which is so what you have.