Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A New Adventure

My Father said something really good yesterday. He said, "There are times in our lives when we seem to think we will never see the other side of the distress we are currently in, but then one day you will 'wake up' and realize you are on the other side and you feel no more turmoil". I can completely attest to that. I went through hell when I was leaving Destin and one day, I was talking to Laurel about it and realized, I was on the other side. Being on this "other side" is what has allowed me to have the attitude I have had the past 24 hours.

The economy sucks. It sucks even more when it costs you your job. Yesterday morning I was laid off from my job as the Director of Events for the Southern Breeze Wine + Culinary Festival. I finally feel comfortable with commitment and commitment leaves me! Karma I tell ya.

The point of this email is not to gain sympothy at all. I know we are all falling on hard times and until yesterday morning I was in a mentality of "I am invensible". Guess what? I'm not.

Anyway, I have already learned some pretty great lessons:
1. This will not kill me, it will not put me in jail, and I will not live on the streets
2. There is no use in trying to lay blame on anyone, because this economy is forcing us all to make decisions and cuts we would never want to make.
3. Crying and pitty and feeling sorry for myself doesn't do anything but delay my progress.

So, if any of you are feeling the heat from the economy, pour some water on it and keep moving. The end of the world is not coming, a new adventure is just beginning.

1 comment:

Tracy Williford said...

you're one to talk...you haven't posted since last tuesday...