Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year, New Attitude

I know it has been forever and I am so very sorry. I am sure most of my readers have given up and gone on to better bloggers that have much more to say. Isn't it so odd how for months I felt like I could write multiple entries a day and now I feel as though I have nothing to say?

As a quick update, I am still in Montgomery and working for a great company. Even though I have a great job and I am certainly greatful to have found it, I am not as happy as I have been in the past. I am not exactly sure if there is one specific reason, but it seems my mind and my heart are not working together as they once have.

I still dream all the time and have hope in those dreams, but it is as if right now I feel as though I have no way to achieve them. In the past each dream excited me and drove me to take action. I loved the feeling of reaching a dream, something I really did not think I would ever do. Now, I just feel like I need to leave them as they are....dreams. This is something I plan to change, now.

I have reached a point in life I think I have been trying to avoid for a while, so excuse me if I keep trying to avoid it. Most girls my age (that I know) are either married, married with children or trying to find a groom. I respect each of my friends because they are all so happy in their lives and in the different paths we have all chosen to take. As friends, I think we have all grown so much because in college, we all wanted the same things. I think a little bit of us all thought we would always want the same things as our friends. Now that we are older, we have all found ourselves and walked our paths as different as they may be. I seem to have stumbled a bit. No worries, I can take a stumble or 10, I just gotta figure out how to stay up on my feet.

I have made some goals for myself this year and made some promises to get myself back. No more crying. That does not get me anywhere. I want to write again, but I need to find something to say. I have been working (behind the blogging scenes) on some freelance writing. Working in the travel industry, I do have the opportunity to see some great places and experience some outstanding stories.

On Friday morning I will be flying out to San Diego, CA for a work trip. We will be going on site visit after site visit. I hope to have many stories, reviews and pictures. I have never been to California and the only time I have ever been to that side of the country, I spent an entire week in the woods on a river. So, this will be a culture adventure for me. I just need to remember my manners and my camera.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Try to get to the Old Town Mexican Cafe if you can...food is amazing!

Unknown said...

Love you Searcy! You will find your place when you least expect it. Just keep your head up! Have fun in CA, how much FUN!

Nick M. said...

This reader is still here...keep up the good work!