Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Marking Off The List

If you were to open up my wallet, you would easily find the most important thing in my life. Look past the credit cards, don’t even bother looking for cash, and don’t flip through my check book, but right on top of my checks is a blue piece of scratch paper being held in place by a paper clip. Unfold the paper and you will find a list of things I want to do in my life.

This list is my drive. It is what allows me to live so freely. It is more than a list. It is a list I am actually marking off. I never get complacent. Each item on this list allows me to see the world from a different view. This list is ever changing. It will probably change after I post this blog. Sometimes it is hard for me to go back and try and remember what used to be on the list, because those things tend to naturally become a part of my life.

Now, I’m not claiming to have done some outstanding deeds, or climbed mountains or anything. I guess you could read this list and get an explanation of me in the simplest of ways. These aren’t very out of reach dreams or difficult tasks to accomplish, but the whole idea is to actually get off your tail and make your ideas a reality.

So please laugh and feel free to make fun of me……to my face. One of my favorite things in life is embarrassment, so have at it!!!

All the things in bold are things I have accomplished:

Talladega (I mean like at least 3 times!!!! Even chased Jr. to Troy after the race once in college, thanks to some boys in trucks!!!)
Live in Nashville

Read the Bible from front to back
Learn to drive a tractor
Fly fishing (currently learning)
Paint
Be a food critic (ummm, currently may have the opportunity?)
Write a song
Kiss Alan Jackson
Fishing in Alaska
Compete in a fishing tournament
Be a secret service agent
Drive a big rig; even better if I could get a license. (The 26 ft. Penske only counts as practice)
Operate a crane
Adopt a child, multiple if I can, and a husband is not a requirement
Visit Colorado in the summer
Go to the Outback in Australia (no touristy stuff – I want to be dropped off in the middle of the outback with someone who knows the ropes)
Be an animal cop
Volunteer Firefighter
Get my Captain’s license
Live and work on a farm where I can have cows, horses, pigs and fields of hay (really I want to drive a tractor every day)
Play the drums
Play the harmonica
Rescue a dog (14 if I have to)
Pet pig
Open a therapeutic horse ranch for the disabled with Laura

OK, so maybe some are a little far fetched, but we are reaching for the stars right? Nobody ever told me I couldn’t.

What is on your list?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Keep writing. I can identify with 99% of your rhetoric. I wish I had your eloquence and fearlessness. Love you!

Unknown said...

You are so funny! I LOVE your list! You may have inspired me to make my own. Miss and love you!