Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm Springin'

Spring Forward has lifted me up, spun me around and placed a big fat kiss right on my lips! This time of year is by far one of my favorite times of the year. You can see the energy and the excitement bugging out of everyone’s eyes. New friends in the neighborhood are made while you find any reason at all to be outside.

For me, this is when I start to feel like a gerbil caged inside an office, so when five o’clock comes it is like Talladega out there. I roll down all the windows, tie up my hair and turn up the radio. When I pull up to a red light I slowly pass my gaze over to the car next to me and look at them through my Jackie-O’s saying, “Yeah, you wish you were me.”

Spring is when you start to work extra hard at the last minute for that new bikini (like you have not had the past five or six months to get started), you switch from wine to margaritas and you find yourself trying out new things just to satisfy that sudden desire for adventure or just something new. Tan skin starts to show here and there and I still find myself looking for mine! I usually find it in a bottle, but none the less, the white starts to fade and color is incorporated into every nook and cranny of our every day lives.

Front porches are over flowing, ponds are harvesting, motorcycles are revving, grills are smoking, boats are being hosed, laughter is reigning and hearts are smiling.

What else is needed?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this post!! What a GREAT description of Spring! This is just what I needed today since it's about to snow in Nashville :( Hope to see you soon! Love.

Kat said...

Amen! This is exactly how I feel this time of year too!

Great Post!

Kara said...

"the white starts to fade and color is incorporated into every nook and cranny of our every day lives" - i love this sentence. i'm stealing it.